- Added background color to section body (helps make fades on mac browsers work better).
- Updated colors in documentation to correct contrast errors.
- Removed redundant copyright notices from included files.
- Changes to markup to address accessibility issues:
- Made selected tab bold, normal tabs not, for distinction in high contrast mode
- Added static ARIA attributes (any dynamic updates should be made by product teams)
- Made page titles unique
- Added lotusAltText to breadcrumbs with active dividers
- Changed ISO-8859-1 encoding to UTF-8 for multi-language testing
- Made sure example links didn't have an actual href value and example forms don't submit.
- Added example HTML to the breadcrumb component page
- Made various build improvements
- Various documentation updates:
- Information about accessibility
- Information about CSS sprites
- Added more copyright, trademarks, and legal stuff
- Added a statement about PNG 8
- Fixed a broken cross-reference link from search component to searchTab component
- Added some clarity about the dojo files, prompted by a question from development
- Regression fix: underlining of person links and tags was showing up on hover because of added pseudo link visited class - moved this to the reset style definition of active and visited links
- Added the active pseudo link class to the regular, hover and focus definitions for buttons that are created using a link to make sure underline doesn't ever show up
- Partial fix for improving inconsistent size of action buttons in IE6 (changed margins on the img tag from pixels to ems)
- Fix to keep Dojo 1.3 + and - high contrast calendar controls from showing up when not in high contrast. (This fix was triggered by a change in the dojo code)
- Update gold theme so top level navigation is more readable when it wraps to two lines
- Fix for utility links cutting off characters in Korean language
- Fix to make vcard pop up on interactive page
- Fixed various markup corrections identified by WebKing such as: missing closing tags, missing attributes, syntax errors, etc.
- Added margins with !important to lotusTabs li so it can be imbedded inside other components without inheriting margins.
- Created lotusTabContent style to allow a defined tab content area (with borders)
- Fixed button text alignment for link buttons.
- Some visual tweaks to the welcome page (alignment of button and links and size of header text).
- Visual updates (only) for the customize palette to create more "depth."
- Added general classes lotusBorderTop and lotusBorderBottom, to give some options of separator bars in the UI (they would be applied as an additional class to an element).
- Updated list component to get rid of bullets on nested lists
- Added lotusFieldBorder class which can be assigned to a div that wraps an input or textarea field in a form/dialog form. It makes the field stand out more.
- Added b and i tags to default style definitions for strong and em tags (technically b and i are deprecated in html, but people are still using them).
- Tweaks to comments layout.
- Sprited background images. Triggered by lotusSpritesOn class on the body tag.
- Adjust alignment of the search component. Also incorporated some styles from individual products.
- Added the following general classes: lotusBig, lotusBold, lotusItalic.
- Removed product-specific classes: lotusIconActivity, lotusIconBlog, lotusIconCommunities, lotusIconConnections
- Added right padding to the section h3 tag to prperly align the help icon.
- Restored the width of the paging controls to the full width of the palette, because there wasn't enough room to accommodate Chinese characters.
New components (both HTML and CSS)
- Added a new version of the widget - lotusWidget2. Gets rid of built-in left and right margins, adds padding to the wisget body, moves the footer outside of the widget body.
- Added a lotusUpdateStatus version of a lotusPost (comment).
The following are HTML changes required for components.
- Added lotusAltText for + button and ratings images to make customize palette accessible in high contrast mode. Removed alt="+" from blank.gif and substituted alt="" so two plus signs wouldn't show up when images are turned off.
- Added lotusPaletteWidgets wrapper (wraps all the widgets) to allow paging controls to be positioned at the bottom of the palette.
- Added a sample to the header component page of a header with an image.
- Added a span around the deleted comment example in the forum and applied a class of lotusIndent10, to give it some left padding.
- The welcome page search button was missing the lotusBtn class. Added it.
- Added lotusAlignRight class to widget table cells containing the show/hide icons.
- Moved lotusLogo in the banner to a background image.
- Changed the lotusLoginLogo class on the login page to lotusLogo and added lotusAltText for high contrast mode. Kept the lotusLoginLogo class in the definitions for now, but it is deprecated.
- Redid the status version of a comment to include a profile picture instead of the quote icon.
- Replaced show/hide links with double arrow icons (show and hide text remains the alternate text for high contrast mode).
- Updated paletteAdd.gif and paletteAddHover.gif to stand out better against the new widget background color.
- Separated arrows and view control image sprites into separate graphics.
- Replaced lightboxHeaderBkgd.gif with a 1-pixel-wide version.
- Switched to themable buttons for search, add, and close (iconSearch16.png, iconAdd16.png, iconClose16.png). Involves html and CSS changes, as well as new images (see migration guide for details).
- Added some missing RTL images
- Consolidated some arrow images so there aren't so many varieties.
- Replaced iconShow.gif and iconHide.gif files to the double down and double up arrows.
- All gifs were converted to PNG. Most are converted to PNG 8. Many PNG 8 images have alpha transparency.
- Product-specific logos/icons
- Removed all original sprites from the UI and replaced with new spriting process
- Removed references to product-specific functions. Changed to Bookmarks or replaced with generic text.
- Selected tab in tab component was missing the extra div added for styling.
- Added lotusAltText and some extra styling for proper "high contrast mode" and "images off" display when using blank.gif as a foreground image "window" for a background image.
- Fixed the lotusSubsection left and right margins (set them to 0).
- Fix for display issues with long lists of application links in the banner (supplied by Jordan Liggitt).
- Fixed FF2 display issues for view controls in RTL.
- Fixed hover and focus state declarations for view controls.
- Fixed RTL display issues for customize palette.
- Fixed left alignment of "Show:" text in paging controls.
- Fixed lotusTiny/lotusAction font size resetting declaration
- Fixed regression of close button in dialog. Needed to qualify the style to h1/h2 tags.
- Needed to add lotusCommentItem class to li tags in a lotusCommentList to keep any lists inside the comments from being affected by the lotusCommentList li styles.
- Added a lotusCommentInput class to the lotusAddComment a tag to keep styles from clashing with the form cancel link when the UI switches to the form for input.
- Fixed RTL layout issue for IE7 when you maximize and restore the UI (the interface shifts).
- Fixed RTL and high contrast display isues for the person card
- Global high contrast fixes confined to the CSS:
- Person Card
- Tree/Org Chart
- Dojo Calendar
- List (delete icons, compressed extra space)
- High contrast fixes requiring lotusAltText (or other HTML changes):
- Person card twisty arrows.
- Menu subsection twisties
- Drag handle for lotusSection
- Search scope drop-down
- More button arrows
- Scroll arrows on sidebar widget
- Selection on action menus (example on interactive.htm page. More sorts menu.)
- Display controls - requires additional lotusSelected class on lotusView link that is selected.
- Fixed alignment of cancel links in forms in IE.
- Fixed truncated about box in IE6.
- Fixed related links jumping on hover.
- Dojo slider display issues in RTL mode, particularly IE7. This appears to be an issue with the actual dojo code base.