Click any of the following:
To import an address book from another mail application such as Microsoft Outlook Express, open the other application and save the addresses in vCard (.VCF) file format. Then you can import the resulting file(s) into Notes and select which contacts from the file you want to add.
Lotus Organizer 6.0 allows you to copy one or more contacts as a vCard file using the Edit - Copy Special command. You can then paste the contacts into your Notes Personal Address Book.
Note If you want to convert cc:Mail, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Mail, or Outlook Express mail messages or address contacts to Notes, ask your Domino administrator for assistance. You may already have installed the migration tools for these products, and your administrator can help you use them.
Go to top
To import vCard files
You can import vCard (.VCF) files into your address book and convert them to new contacts.
1. Click this icon in the Bookmark bar to open your address book to the Contacts view.
3. In the "Files of type" list, select vCard.
4. Browse to the .VCF file you want to import from and click Import. If the file contains only one contact, the contact information appears. If the file contains more than one contact, a list appears, with an asterisk (*) next to any contact name you already have in your address book.
5. Do one of the following:
To export vCard files
You can export contact(s) as a vCard file, which you can then mail to someone.
Tip You can also export from an open contact document in read mode, but using the view is more convenient for exporting multiple contacts at once.
3. From the menu, choose File - Export.
4. Under "Save as type," select vCard 2.1 or vCard 3.0.
5. Enter a name for the file. Notes automatically gives the file an extension of VCF.
6. Click Export. A vCard Export dialog box appears.
7. If you selected contacts in step 2, click "Selected documents."
8. Do one of the following to create a file appropriate for the users with whom you intend to share the file:
10. Click OK.
To share contacts with other users
You can attach exported vCard files to a mail message and forward them to users of Notes mail or other mail programs.